Subject: Re: More on Vaxen
To: None <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/05/2001 23:18:56
On  5 Jun, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> Another option not mentioned yet is getting yourself a KDA-50 and some RA
> disk drives. RA9x drives are pretty reliable, and large enough for normal
> needs.
Yes. But beware of RA8x drives. They are very unreliable. Unfortunately
I don't own any SDI stuff.

The next unmentioned solution is a SMD adapter. An Emulex QD3[234] and
any SMD disk will be a fine solution. Unfortunately the very common 8"
Fujitsu drives need at least one reformat per year. I have two 9" NEC
disks, 940MB each. A very fine storage subsystem. And with a bit luck
you can find one of the rare 5.25" SMD disks.

Or a KFQSA and a DSSI disk...
--

tschüß,
         Jochen