Subject: Re: To Fix MOPD?
To: None <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/05/2001 22:57:44
On  5 Jun, linc wrote:

>> It is straightforward. Get
>> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/snapshot/NetBSD-1.5.1_BETA2/binary/sets/base.tgz
>> and untar usr/sbin/mopd from it.
[...]
> the base.tgz is around 14 megs...  I have a dial-up connection..
???
I posted also a URL to the source code. Get it, untar it, do a
cd mopd && make && make install
and you will have a fresh compiled mopd by transfering only some kB of
source code.

> you) can't we find a spot easy to get to to put the fixed binaries so the
> next guy doesn't get stuck downloading 14 megs?
I think it is not practical collecting binarys. NetBSD supports that
many architektures and has a very well structured source, that it is
easy fixing such bugs from source by recompiling.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen