Subject: Re: More on Vaxen
To: maximum entropy <entropy@tappedin.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@freegate.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/05/2001 10:28:18
MFM drives are not a problem on RQDX3's from a support standpoint. They are
from a reliability standpoint. At 63MB Linc has an RD53 which was not a
very reliable drive, the ~150MB RD54s are better but difficult to come by.
ESDI drives are better choices if you have an ESDI controller.

Ragge's work was on MFM support with the VS2K. That made things much better
for that system.

--Chuck