Subject: Re: More on Vaxen
To: None <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@tappedin.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/05/2001 12:54:39
>Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:27:20 -0400 (EDT)
>From: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
>
>My next problem is I have what looks like 1 working MFM drive (only 63
>megs) between the two machines. (4 drives, just only 1 works and is
>detected by NetBSD)  Guess I have to go MFM hunting :-)

Having MFM drives at all may be a bigger problem.

What's the current status of support for these beasties?  I know that
at various times in the past they worked (but without bad block
mapping, so you needed a perfect drive) and then didn't work at all.
I vaguely remember that Ragge got them working again, shortly after
fixing SCSI for the vs3100...but I'm not 100% certain.