Subject: More on Vaxen
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/05/2001 09:27:20
Hello all!
Here's the status update on the MVIII and the VS2000.
I rearranged the Qbus cards in the MVIII and guess what?  They work
(imagine that!)
I also got both of them to boot the NetBSD install program! WoHoo!

My next problem is I have what looks like 1 working MFM drive (only 63
megs) between the two machines. (4 drives, just only 1 works and is
detected by NetBSD)  Guess I have to go MFM hunting :-)

I just want to give some special thanks to a few people on the list who
have been especially helpful:
Chuck McManis - For helping with my General Vaxen q's and Qbus prblms
John Klos - Those instructions worked FANTASTIC! U DA MAN! Now I need a
set for running them over the network because I don't have any drive space
for them to run on their own :-)
Brian Hechinger - for rescuing me from a 14 meg download on my 4000baud
dial-up connection
Lord Isildur - for the tapes, and card, and whatever else is on the list
:-)
NetBSD Bob - for the offer to make me Boot tapes for my new beasties

-Linc Fessenden

--
  9:16am  up 47 days, 21:14,  4 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.01, 1.00