Subject: To Fix MOPD?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/05/2001 09:14:45

> > Fetch a mopd from 1.5.1 instead.
> > AHA! How exactly do I do that?

> It is straightforward. Get
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/snapshot/NetBSD-1.5.1_BETA2/binary/sets/base.tgz
> and untar usr/sbin/mopd from it.

Just a comment here - the above suggestion is ONLY good for people who
have FAST internet connections !  I was going to do this to fix my broken
mopd and found out that the base.tgz is around 14 megs...  I have a
dial-up connection..

Thanks and kudo's to Brian Hechinger for rescuing me with his FAST
connection.

Since this broken mopd is a well known problem (at least to most of
you) can't we find a spot easy to get to to put the fixed binaries so the
next guy doesn't get stuck downloading 14 megs?

-Linc.

--
  9:08am  up 47 days, 21:06,  4 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00