Subject: Re: on Vaxen
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/04/2001 14:44:29
On Mon, 4 Jun 2001 jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de wrote:

> On  4 Jun, linc wrote:
>
> > Fetch a mopd from 1.5.1 instead.
> > AHA! How exactly do I do that?
> ???
> You really need hand holding. How many hands were holding you to get
> NetBSD on your PMAX?

That's a different story alltogether..  Had to make a Helper Disk to do
that and the documentation was wrong.  Figured that one out by trial and
error, so it was pretty much flying by the seat of my pants, or if you
want - One hand on my ass and one hand on my keyboard.

> It is straightforward. Get
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/snapshot/NetBSD-1.5.1_BETA2/binary/sets/base.tgz
> and untar usr/sbin/mopd from it.

It is not straight forward at all.  How am I supposed to know
that the BETA mopd even works?  The current sure as hell doesn't.  Also
how am I supposed to know if there are any dependancy issues with
upgrading or downgrading mopd?  There is no significant
documentation on it.

Furthermore I am by no means an idiot, just a victem of piss poor
documentation.

Sheesh.. Friendly place.