Subject: Re: on Vaxen
To: linc , Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/04/2001 08:18:17
At 11:44 AM 6/4/01 -0400, linc wrote:
> > Of course :-) but again an exact module list and ordering would be a
> > helpful start.
>
>Module list?  No problem.. Here it is:
>M7620-AA
>M7621-AH
>M7621-AP
>M7546
>M3106
>M7516-YM
>M7555
>
>Ok then..  Given the module list and the fact that it's a BA123 cabinet,
>can you tell me how exactly I should have these cards on the Qbus?  I know
>there are gaps now and this is a new archetecture for me so any help would
>be appreciated.

>I know the M7620, is in slot1, and the the 7621's in the next 2
>slots.  After that - I am not sure..  I think the first 4 slots are
>labeled Q-CD and the rest are Q-Q.  All the cards besides the processor,
>and memory are half height cards.

Looking from right to left, board order should be:

<--- top of the cabinet.

Slot    Contents
         +-------------+------------+
1       |          M7620           | Q/CD
         +-------------+------------+
2       |          M7621           | Q/CD
         +-------------+------------+
3       |          M7621           | Q/CD
         +-------------+------------+
4       |  M7546      |   *EMPTY*  | Q/CD
         +-------------+------------+
5       |  M3106      |  M7516-YM  | Q/Q
         +-------------+------------+
6       |  *EMPTY*    |   M7555    | Q/Q
         +-------------+------------+
7       |  *EMPTY*    |   *EMPTY*  | Q/Q
         +-------------+------------+
             ...             ...
         +-------------+------------+
12      |  *EMPTY*    |   *EMPTY*  | Q/Q
         +-------------+------------+
13      |   RQDX      |              *special*

Make sure the M7555 is connected to the distribution card and that card is
connected to the drives in the front. Also the card connects to a panel of
switches on the front in the lower left corner.

The DELQA (M7516-YM) should have a cable connecting to its cab it in the
back, and the CPU card should connect to its bulkhead back there as well.
The M3106 connects to the 4 port panel, and the M7546 connects to the TK50.

Make sure that the cables do not get crimped by the door, nor have they
been damaged by being shut between the door and a latch pin.

--Chuck