Subject: Re: MV3100 M90
To: Ivan Barr <i.barr@btinternet.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/04/2001 09:41:09
Hi !

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Ivan Barr wrote:
> Thanks very much for the pointer to your kernel. It works beautifully! I
> have successfully netbooted from it :) In-fact I have now installed
> NetBSD1.5.1_BETA2 on the internal hard disk. But... I can only boot the
> system via a netboot to get the kernel loaded then I can proceed from the
> disk. Is there a new version of boot for the MV3100 m90 type machine?

Not yet, i have to find out how to do it, the booter is not yet ready to boot
from internal SCSI hard disk on these machines. I boot it with B/3 EZA0 and
say "sd0" when being asked for the root device.

> Also where can I get sources for the 1.5V kernel you have built? When will
> these changes become part of the main netbsd release tree?

Just get the current CVS repository :) Ok, some newer -current snapshot should
include the support, it's from Feb 2001.

Ah, yes, please send me a dmesg output of your machine.

Thanx... Michael

--
visit http://www.bsdfans.org/   Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD
Solaris HP-UX IRIX AIX MUNIX Tru64 Ultrix VMS SINIX OpenStep MacOS and 230V AC