Subject: very simple questions mv2000 & netbsd related
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Krzysztof Rusocki <kszysiu@smillaaraq.braxis.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/02/2001 23:53:32
Hi,

I had intended to install NetBSD/vax on my mv2000 but despite reading
appropiate docs i didn't manage to do it.

I have few questions about installation process...

MV2000 'seems' to be equipped with ethernet - there's BNC connector on
mainboard. I've read on some mailinglist archives that NIC is in fact on
some daughter board - don't know if i have it..

TEST 50 returns ether's hwaddres, so i thought 'good. ethernet is ok.'
but i was supprised when i couldn't run TEST 90 (which is, as i suppose,
ethernet test) (BNC cable was connected)

>>> T 90

?17 ILL CMD

I didn't noticed line with NI in test 50... - does that mean that i lack eth
daughterboard mentioned above ?

Morover i was unable to etherboot that box

>>> B/100 ESA0
.

Bootfile: mopboot

-ESA0

%VMB-F-ERR, PC = 00000765
%VMB-I-STS, R0 = 0000090A
 84 FAIL

there was not ethernet activity (checked visually on hub and with tcpdump -l
-i eth0 on linux box) during that try...
mopd also didn't echo anything...

any ideas? i'm probably missing something in my mind :/
that's end of ethernet story....

the second, also last, story is 'NetBSD-1.3.2 story' i downloaded floppy
images for rx33 drive... since there are no 1.2MB images for future
releases...
I managed to boot the 'bootdisk' but i was unable to run edlabel
neither copy program....

>>> B/3 DUA2
.

-DUA2

howto 0x3, bdev 0x24, booting..done. (31448+22260)

>> NetBSD/vax boot [980530 13:32] <<
: edlabel
cmd:0x5d: termcode=0x2, status=0x30, cstat=0x6, dstat=0x32
No such file or directory
: /edlabel
cmd:0x5d: termcode=0x2, status=0x30, cstat=0x6, dstat=0x32
No such file or directory
:

any suggestions for newbie ?

TIA