Subject: Re: Vaxen Fun! Gee what fun!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <kees.stravers@iae.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/31/2001 01:09:09
On 2001-05-30 nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu said to kees.stravers@iae.nl
 nb>> > I had the full basement, but the kids moved back in, so I got
 nb>> > reduced to the infamous Laundry Room computer pit.  A submarine
 nb>> > has more space.
 nb>> hahaha!
 nb>> but, do you find yourself absentmindedly loading a basket of dirty
 nb>> clothes into the front of an 11/750? *grin*
 nb>Well, I have not run into that, since the washer is a top loader.

I know all about computers in laundry rooms too. I have had to park a few
computers of the wheeled variety there, because I can't get those up the
stairs. My washing machine is a toploader too, and it is now next to a
PDP-8/e. Very easy to tell the difference tho. On the other hand, I have a
giant Masscomp mini that everyone mistakes for the central heating boiler,
until I point out the little floppy drive in the front ;-)
Pictures of my vaxen (and the Masscomp) at
http://home.iae.nl/users/pb0aia/cm/

Kees.

For those who got worried now, when I do the laundry, I wheel the 8/e out
of the room into the corridor. I'm thin enough to just get past it when it
is there, and I wouldn't want to get too much water vapour in it :)

--
Kees Stravers - Geldrop, The Netherlands - kees.stravers@iae.nl
http://www.iae.nl/users/pb0aia/ My home page (old computers,music,photography)

Net-Tamer V 1.08.1 - Registered