Subject: Chuck, do preserve copies of the BI documentation please!!!
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/30/2001 18:48:29
Chuck,

I see you're selling BI documentation on ebay. It's good that
your house of VAX is being financially supported, but please
do not forget to preserve copies of this information! It will
be invaluable to provide BI support for NetBSD. I'm not sure
I have the funds to buy this, because I have to spend my budged
in parts right now.

Frankly I think we should keep a library of all such documents.
I think this can be done without copyright violation if we
keep this semi-private, i.e. only a few friends can share
and we keep the copies on a password protected web site.

AFAIK there is no law saying that you have to destroy your
personal reproductions of a book you owned as soon as you sell
that book second hand.

What do you think? If we all work together we will have all
needed information collected in no time. If I can find the
machine, we have an automatic scanner that produces PDF files
from a batch of paper with no effort.

thanks,
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine