Subject: Re: MicroVAX 3100
To: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: Matt London <matt@knm.yi.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/30/2001 19:38:47
On Wed, 30 May 2001, linc wrote:

> On Wed, 30 May 2001, Matt London wrote:
>
> > If you've not got a memory card in there already, I have couple of 4M
> > cards going spare if you want one (you can only have one in the machine at
> > once, but you can get bigger cards which fit between this baby card and
> > the motherboard to give more)
> >
> > -- Matt
>
> OK Matt, I have 16 in my 3100 - can I attatch a 4 meg to the top of one of
> those?

Open the box up, pull out the tray to expose the motherboard. Toward the
front of the box there is probably a daughterboard, plugged into the
motherboard. If there is only the one board, and it has a pair of sockets
on there, as well as the plugs where it connects to the motherboard, then
you can plug in another memory card (or so I understand - I'm only going
from the 8M and the 4M cards in my 3100/M10e)

-- Matt

---
E-mail:
  matt@pkl.net, matt@knm.yi.org, matt@printf.net
  matt@m-techdiagnostics.ltd.uk, matthew.london@stud.umist.ac.uk
  mattl@vcd.student.utwente.nl, mlondon@mail.talk-101.com
Web Page:
  http://knm.yi.org/
  http://pkl.net/~matt/

PGP Key fingerprint = 00BF 19FE D5F5 8EAD 2FD5  D102 260E 8BA7 EEE4 8D7F
PGP Key http://knm.yi.org/matt-pgp.html