Subject: VS3100 SCSI
To: NetBSD Vax Port <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@liveround.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/29/2001 14:11:47
Say - a question for those HW gurus out there. Is the SCSI port
(B-channel) on a VS3100/m38 capable of multi-hosting? See, I've got
these 8 VS3100/m38s, and while I can network them all with 10B2, it's
not exactly speedy. I know there is a RFC out there for IP over SCSI.
What are the posibilities of hooking together 8 3100's SCSI-B busses and
having them communicate this way? I realize this would take some
kernel-hacking at a minimum.

To this end, does anyone have 8 extra vs3100-special-SCSI -- to --
standard SCSI cables? Hmm.. then again, I'd probably have to run ribbon
cable to each internally, since the VS only provides an "out" port (so
to speak). I haven't checked, but I assume there are terminating
resistors inside the case than can be removed on the "middle" systems?

--
 - J. Buck Caldwell