Subject: Re: Update for NetBoot HOWTO / DEUNA and DEBNA names
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/29/2001 21:03:18
> Hi.
>
> I did an update for the VAX section of the NetBoot HOWTO:
> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/intro.vax.html
> (Uhhh. That is horrible out of date.)

Wow, great!

> To complete it, I need to know how the VAX boot monitor calls the DEUNA
> und the DEBNA interfaces.
DEUNA/DELUA is never called :-) VAXen with those interfaces cannot
netboot; only PDP-11's. But the boot program can use them, so you
first has to load that program from console storage (which is always
present) and then as normal type "boot de(8,0,0,0)netbsd -s" or similar
(this example was for an 11/750).

> Also: Is there a method for getting the MAC address of a DELQA from the
> boot monitor of the KA630 CPU?

Yes, it is the low byte of the six registers:

>>>e/p/w 20001920
  P 20001920 FF08
  P 20001922 FF00
  P 20001924 FF2B