Subject: Re: TK50 qbus funzies....(:+{{
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/29/2001 11:21:12
ah, welcome to the club! hehehe
 a large number of KA650's dont play nice with TK50s. I pulled my hair out
for days trying to figure this one out, going through 3 or 4 TK50
controllers, 4 or 5 drives, and two processors trying to find a
combination that worked. It turns out that most early-rev KA650's have a
problem talking to TK50 controllers. One solution is o use a TK70
controller, though that didn't work for me, the thing that did was to
just use a KA630, as you also discovered.  there was some discussion
about this maybe 6 or 7 months ago on the list... check the archives.
happy hacking,
isildur