Subject: Re: VAX 6420: KA64A EEPROM and serial number mismatch
To: Paul Thompson <thompson@mail.athenet.net>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/27/2001 18:53:58
Paul Thompson wrote:

> I seem to recall the 6000 line officially supported 512MB max.  Are you
> hitting that in your memory board configuration?

yes, I'm hitting this :-), this is a flaw in the design IMO.
I will have unsused slots and unused cards in the end :-(.

> What sort of error are you getting when you try to mix CPU boards?
>
> The 6000/530 I managed worked fine for years with
>
> ?002D For Secondary Processor 5
> ?0054 EEPROM revision mismatch.  Secondary processor has revision 2.00/3.00

yes, that's what I get. Since I don't have any boot media I can't
tell whether this is just a warning or an error. So you say I can
just ignore those messages?

thanks, that helped
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistent Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine