Subject: BI-to-UNIBUS adapter, is that something to do?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/26/2001 20:33:46
Hi,

I found that there is this BI-to-UNIBUS adapter and I'm
wondering if this makes sense to have since UNIBUS devices
seem like more easy to get than BI devices. But once I have
that adapter, I guess I'd need a UNIBUS backplane together
with soome mount/cabinet and power supply (perhaps an
old 11/780 cabinet?). This sounds like it would get rather
involved. Has anyone done this?

The other thing that I'm wondering is the BI busses in the
VAX 6000-400 are undersized. Why did they even put 2
BI backplanes in if a BI bus could logically support 14
cards? Now the two BI busses together can just about
serve 10 cards. Isn't this a waste?

regards
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistent Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine