Subject: Re: more Q on mmj cables
To: None <fdebros@etherdome.mgh.harvard.edu>
From: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/25/2001 18:31:42
On Fri, 25 May 2001 fdebros@etherdome.mgh.harvard.edu wrote:

> someone here must have done it: any easy way/trick  to finagle an  RJ45
> plug into an  MMJ plug? like filing off the retaining spring? what works
> best?
> sorry to be a cheap pest, but i did rtfm and forgot! theres a url somewhere
> on this....lost.
>
> fred

Go to Radio Shack and get some RJ23's (26's?).  Anyway they are 6 pin
connectors just like the MMJ's.  All you have to do is file off the tab
and about 1/4" at the tip of both sides.  You get all 6 pins and they work
like a charm :-)  At least they do on my VS3100M38.

-Linc.

 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded... Yeah Right.
  6:29pm  up 26 days, 10:14,  4 users,  load average: 3.09, 3.12, 3.06