Subject: Re: New guy...
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
From: Pierre-Michel Ricordel <Pierre-Michel.Ricordel@imag.fr>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/25/2001 15:44:34
> it's by convention used as a substitute for the greek letter 'mi' which
> is by convention used as a macro for the word 'micro' in most scientific
> and engineering jargon, and thus 'uVAX' is the common abbreviation for
> 'microVAX' which is what DEC called a very successful series of VAXen, of
> which yours is a specimen. and very micro it is!

Yes, it was so micro that when DEC introduced the microVAX, it was dubbed
"The first VAX that can be stolen"...

Indeed I can't imagine how you can steal a PDP11, a 6000 or a 8000...
Even moving a 4000 need some preparation and a subtle use of the wheels.

In short : "If you can run with it, it is a microVAX..."