Subject: Re: New guy...
To: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/24/2001 17:44:19
it's by convention used as a substitute for the greek letter 'mi' which
is by convention used as a macro for the word 'micro' in most scientific
and engineering jargon, and thus 'uVAX' is the common abbreviation for
'microVAX' which is what DEC called a very successful series of VAXen, of
which yours is a specimen. and very micro it is! even my 11/750's and 6000
arent really truly _big_ VAXen, and those are larger than washing machines:
the picture ragge posted a link to, thats a big 8000 series, those are
_big_ VAXen :-)

happy hacking,
isildur