Subject: Re: New guy...
To: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/24/2001 15:02:14
> Aha!  The prob with that is I can't hook *anything* up to the scsi on my
> vax3100..  I can't for the life of me find that silly dec proprietary scsi
> cable.  I wish I could!  Besides, I thought the TK50 was only partially
> scsi compatable??

The TK50 is fine compatible on all my machines under Ultrix.  It is a
bit hit and miss on NetBSD, depending upon the state of the TK50 driver.
(Can someone comment for sure as to whether the TK50 bits actually do
work in the 1.5.1BETA2 suite?..... The one I use that I know always
works on a cold install is 1.4.1..... 1.4.2, 1.4.3, 1.5, all don't,
and the early pre-1.4.1 bits work, but are slow to use.).

Good luck finding an external cable.  I got mine from a NetBSD'r in Europe
that ran into a few spares somewhere.  The cables are not the easiest
thing to find, but are around with a little luck.  (Anyone know of any
stock of those cables anywhere?)  If you mean the internal B bus cable,
good luck, there, too.  They are also a bit scarce, and some of the
machines I have run into don't have them (the 100 pin Honda connector
B bus loop cable that goes from the controller to the floppy or cdrom
and back to the controller, before going out the tail end to the external
scsi chain).  Surely, something will surface for you out of the group's
collective junque boxen.

Good Luck

Bob