Subject: VAX4000-600 disks
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Shearer <dan@tellurian.com.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/24/2001 16:24:28
I believe it is possible to get both SCSI and Qbus adapters for the
VAX4000-600. However I have no idea where to get either of these. I read
that DSSI drives are unsupported for previous 4000 models, and presume for
the -600 as well.

I am presuming that the -600 will run NetBSD no worse than previous 4000
models. Maybe this is unwarranted, because I haven't noticed any specific
reference to the 600 on the web or in the source code.

I would be glad of some help:

  a) where can I get a SCSI adapter from? (I imagine Compaq would sell
     them for a very large price :-)

  b) is it seriously possible to run these things diskless? It would seem
     a waste, but would at least be something

  c) has anyone run NetBSD on such a thing before?

Regards,

--
Dan Shearer
Open Source Manager