Subject: Re: VXT 2000 == Vaxstation
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/18/2001 09:59:45
> > There seems to be a connector for some type of board in the middle,
> Rumors sad that it is for a rare 3D accelerator.

Ooooooo!  That would be interesting.

Well, I can say the the performance of the VXT2000+ is not stelar, but it's
usable.  Just don't run any windowmanagers in full screen drag mode, the window
take time to catch up with the mouse, feels like X on a i386...  Also it really
helps to have a X font server running, the builtin font selection is...well
"limited."

I do have to say one thing about that box, it does give off a lot of heat!

I started trying to load a vax-netbsd install kernel via mop and actually seemed
to make some head way but got cut short by a nasty storm yesterday.  I'll let
you know what I find out...

jam