Subject: Re: a slight drizzle of VAXEN
To: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/17/2001 17:27:08
Sigh,

If you can get a "lot" of VAXen for $40 then there isn't much of a problem
now is there? :-) It costs $20 to rent a U-haul truck (plus mileage) guess
on driving it maybe 40 miles, so figure 8 gal gas + 0.20 a mile you're
looking at a total investment of $44 to show up with a truck. Now you bid
on the lot and win it for $40, they help you load it and you drive off with it.

Now if you want to not have a net expense, take inventory of what you got,
pick some juicy piece, and sell it on Ebay. If that doesn't cover your
expenses try again until your net investment is $0. Generally any set of a
"lot" of VAXen will have one or two SCSI controllers in them. That will
help tremendously in using various VAXen. If you can't store it you can
always offer it here and some of us will be heppy to pay the freight outta
there, some can pick it up. And of course you can always just pull the
boards, drives, etc and then scrap the rest. A lot of resellers do that.

--Chuck