Subject: 9 track tape
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/11/2001 21:45:36
Hi.

My 9 track tape does not like its controller. The tape is a cipher F880
(aka DEC TS05) and the controller is a Emulex QT14. The QT14 was also
sold by DEC with an other firmware as TSV05 M7206. The drive worked
fine with the older TSV05 M7196 on my PDP11/73. The symptom is very
simple: If I switch the tape drive online after it has loaded the tape,
the tape is unloaded immediately and the drive goes offline. I am sure
that the cabling is correct. Unfortunately I don't own the M7196 no longer,
so I can not replace the QT14 with it. Also, the QT14 speaks TMSCP. That
ist much more comfortable than the TSV05 emulation.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen