Subject: Re: VXT 2000 == Vaxstation
To: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
From: Stephen Bell <steve@discus.lincoln.ac.nz>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/10/2001 11:05:04
Hi,
  I have a VXT at home, pretty sure it's a VXT2000..

  The VXT software is on the COMPAQ website, you need to know that the
  downloadable files are VAX save sets.

  http://www.openvms.compaq.com/freeware/FREEWARE50/VXT

  As for running an OS on it,
  Inside the box it looks like a vax CPU etc.. , besides the VXT X server
  software runs mostly OK on an old vaxstation 3100 I have.. so they
  can't be too different!!!..

  [ OTOH, If I recall correctly ,they lack HW floating point support...  ]

Cheers,
    Steve