Subject: Re: ts(4) / 9 track tape
To: None <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/10/2001 00:09:17
On  9 May, Chuck McManis wrote:

> Writing a character driver would be a good start, of course the CXY08
> already works
The CXY08 is already supported? dhu(4) or dz(4) or???

> so you might start on the CXA16 :-)
A CXA16 is also in my QBus inventory, but - again - I have no doc.

> The RXV21 would need a
> strategy routing but the RLV21 driver would be a good starting point.
The RXV21 is less interresting as it is simple to use a RQDX3 as floppy
controller. It is easy to crimp a RQDX3 to 5,25"/3.5" floppy cable. This
is nice, since you can save the extra RQDX dist panel (That is usualy
not present in a BA[24]xx...) and it speaks MSCP. But I am digressing.
Perhaps a rxv(4) would be a good second exercise? ;-)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen