Subject: Re: On topic: VAX graphics board question
To: Clint Wolff \(VAX collector\) <vaxman@qwest.net>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/09/2001 07:08:42
Hi !

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Clint Wolff (VAX collector) wrote:
> I have a VAXstation 3100/M48 with a rather odd graphics card in
> it:
>
> 	SCANPROC 8 PLANE 2D
>
> Made by digital, same form factor (roughly) as the VS40X, but
> Ultrix 4.4 doesn't recognize it. VMS 5.? does. Since the goal
> is to run NetBSD when support for graphics stabilizes (and
> Ultrix til then), does anyone know what's up with this board?

This board is the SPX card, the VS40X is the GPX card. The SPX doesn't seem to
be supported by Ultrix, but you can try to run the VXT software on this box,
i think this was working with a VS3100m30. VMS supports the SPX, NetBSD might
be a bit... far away from supporting it.

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.