Subject: Re: 6310...
To: Robert F Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/03/2001 05:22:06
Robert F Schaefer wrote:

> Well, I finally got the VAX reassembled.  There's a few things I'd like to
> verify, if anyone has a 6310 and can take a quick peek.
>
> There's a small cable that I didn't seem to have marked.  It's DEC
> #17-01569-01, four single wires into a 10 pin socket, it starts out on the
> VAXBI bus, top left connector looking in from the back.  It *might* not
> have been connected before.

You mean this here?

http://aurora.rg.iupui.edu/~schadow/VAX/anatomy/small/DSCN0035.jpg

I am quite sure that it was connected. I am *fairly* sure that
it ends here:

http://aurora.rg.iupui.edu/~schadow/VAX/anatomy/small/DSCN0020.jpg

yes, here you can see it in its full length

http://aurora.rg.iupui.edu/~schadow/VAX/anatomy/small/DSCN0025.jpg

> On the back of the 5 volt powersupplies, there's a plug w/ a red & a black
> wire.  The plug has 6 positions, but only two wires-- do they go towards
> the top, or towards the bottom?  I think they go down, but IDK.

you mean this here?

http://aurora.rg.iupui.edu/~schadow/VAX/anatomy/small/DSCN0029.jpg

they are towards the bottom.

> On the front of the power distribution box (looking in from the front of
> the VAX, opposite the power cord) J6 & J7.  There is a connector with orange &
> blue wires, and one with black & red wires.  IDK which one goes to which
> connector.

here you go:

http://aurora.rg.iupui.edu/~schadow/VAX/anatomy/small/DSCN0046.jpg

> I haven't powered her up yet, but I'll be picking up the parts to finish
> the single-phase conversion in the next few days-- hopefully it won't be
> too long!

Great. Seems like yours is quite similar to our 6420s. You mentioned
some NEMA number for a plug, where can I find a reference for those?
Is there a web resource or something?

thanks
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistent Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine