Subject: Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#1233065603: Digital Equipment
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Dennis Grevenstein <dennis@pcde.inka.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/28/2001 14:48:17
Dave McGuire wrote:

> On April 25, zaft@azstarnet.com wrote:
> > and is 16Mhz, but don't hold me too it.
>
>   The MicroVAX-II processor is clocked at 20MHz.  Not that that has
> anything to do with computer performance...

Really?
I always read that the uVAX II would be 4Mhz. What you say
is quiet surprising as I am pretty sure that a VAXstation
3100/30 is 11Mhz.
Do you know of any spec documents from DEC/Compaq online
about this? I mean real numbers and not the comparison
of VAX performance that expresses next to nothing.
However, I think it's quiet surprising that this VAX sells
for more than 50$. I always thought that these VAXen are
something you get for free just because the previous
owner does not want to pay the fee for dumping it.
Anyway such a VAX is a really nice machine.

Dennis