Subject: 6310...
To: NetBSD port-vax <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Robert F Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/27/2001 23:07:52
Well, I finally got the VAX reassembled.  There's a few things I'd like to
verify, if anyone has a 6310 and can take a quick peek.

There's a small cable that I didn't seem to have marked.  It's DEC
#17-01569-01, four single wires into a 10 pin socket, it starts out on the
VAXBI bus, top left connector looking in from the back.  It *might* not
have been connected before.

On the back of the 5 volt powersupplies, there's a plug w/ a red & a black
wire.  The plug has 6 positions, but only two wires-- do they go towards
the top, or towards the bottom?  I think they go down, but IDK.

On the front of the power distribution box (looking in from the front of
the VAX, opposite the power cord) J6 & J7.  There is a connector with orange &
blue wires, and one with black & red wires.  IDK which one goes to which
connector.

I haven't powered her up yet, but I'll be picking up the parts to finish
the single-phase conversion in the next few days-- hopefully it won't be
too long!

ja ne

Bob