Subject: Re: VAXstation 3100 M38 network problem....
To: David Woyciesjes <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/26/2001 16:45:50
On Thu, Apr 26 2001 at 10:38:27 -0400, David Woyciesjes wrote:
> 	Also, when I started it up after the power down, I didn't put the
> BNC Tee/resistor combo back on yet. It's back on now, and no change.
You don't need a resistor on the BNC connector, if you use AUI.

> 	In the ifconfig file, "AUI" (or "10Base-2" for the BNC) is the
> correct entry for media type, right? It's not some other wierd thing, is it?
Don't put *any* media type into that file.
This does only make sense, if the software (kernel) can change the media
type, and on this is not possible on your machine and thus the media is
"manual".

--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.