Subject: Interesting item on eBay web site item#1233065603: Digital Equipment Corporation MicroVax II
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <zaft@azstarnet.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/25/2001 16:10:03
Gang,
 Just in case someone's interested....

Title of item:	Digital Equipment Corporation MicroVax II
Seller:	ipcixx
Starts:	Apr-25-01 06:35:30 PDT
Ends:	May-05-01 06:35:30 PDT
Price:	Starts at $5.00
To bid on the item, go to:	http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1233065603

Item Description:
	An oldie but a goodie! The best of 1987 minicomputer technology.  I believe this has 9 MB of RAM
and is 16Mhz, but don't hold me too it. I can see from the documentation that it has 1 MB Built in and 8 MB was added. It is running VAX VMS 4.7. I also believe there are 3 hard drives inside.  They are ESDI drives and I think there is a 380 MB drive, a 600 Mb Drive, and a 1.2 Gb Drive. The system also
has a tape drive but, I do not know the capacity. The company I work for bought another
company a few years ago and this was the computer they were using. About 18 months ago, we converted this company to a new system, and pulled this VAX out.  It has been in one of our store rooms for about 18 months.
I have powered it up and down several times and it works perfect! This unit has
16 Serial ports for terminals or printers, 1 main console serial port, and a AUI ethernet port. The network
part is fully functional. TCPIP functionality is provided
by a package called TGV Multinet. With a little tinkering, I can access the Internet
from this antique, but text based services like ftp and telnet only. No web browsing
on this. Heck, it even accepts a 2001 date so, it is probably Y2k.
Also included are 2 Amber serial terminals with keyboards.
I have the site management guide, showing this was installed around the end of 1987 or early 1988. The first service appears to
have been done on 4-20-1988.
PLEASE READ!!!!! I CAN NOT SHIP THIS!!!!!!!! It is REALLY heavy, probably in the 180 LB rangs. Anyone who wants it for parts or
otherwise will have to come by and pick it up. We can help you load it into a truck or van or whatever.

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

No SHIPPING!!! PLEASE READ!!! I WILL NOT SHIP THIS!!! It's not because I am lazy but,
because this thing is too heavy to box up and, we have
no way of crating it up.

	Visit eBay, the world's largest Personal Trading Community at http://www.ebay.com