Subject: RE: Thread Library - A Little Off Topic
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Schilling, Richard <RSchilling@affiliatedhealth.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/25/2001 09:54:50
Each thread library has it's own API, so you should be careful about which
one you choose.  Check the code for the server and try to find out what
thread library it uses.  If you just want to try the "kick the tires, light
the fires" approach just compile the server and see if you get errors.  If
you get link errors chances are, you have the wrong thread library.

Also, look in the Makefile for the linker settings, and you should see
something like "-lthread_library" as a C compiler option, where
thread_library is the name of the thread library.

Hope that helps.

Richard Schilling
Web Integration Programmer/Webmaster
phone: 360.856.7129