Subject: Re: VAX 6000 3-phase conversion (was: Re: Three Phase)
To: None <vaxman@qwest.net>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/21/2001 21:04:49
On 21 Apr, Clint Wolff (VAX collector) wrote:

> Protective ground is NOT identical to N, even if they are wired together
> at the main breaker panel (as in USA). [...]
I know, it is the same in Germany. The statement "Protective ground is
identical to N." was only a simplification to illustrate why you
messure the same voltage from a phase to N and from a phase to
protective ground. I wanted to describe how three phase power works,
not how failure protection works and what different kinds of power
network types (TN-C, TN-S, TN-CS, TT, IT or how they are called in the
USA) are possible.
--

tschuess,
          Jochen