Subject: Re: Vax 4000 Newbie needs help
To: rah joe <rahjoe@yahoo.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/21/2001 21:10:12
Hi !

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, rah joe wrote:
> Could somebody on this refresh my memory and give me
> an idea on where and what kind of monitors and
> keyboards can connect to this machine?  My friend did
> NOT provide me with ANY documentation.  I saved this
> Vax from the trash actually.

In fact, you just need a serial terminal, connect this to the MMJ connector
on the front of the machine (this is the modified RJ11, you need either an
original DEC terminal and a cable with 2 MMJ connectors or a usual PC or
other terminal and a cable and adapter MMJ <> RS232. Parameters are 9600Bps,
8 Bits, no parity, 1 stopbit (8N1). No monitors or keyboards are connected to
a VAX 4000/200 usually.

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.