Subject: Vax 4000 Newbie needs help
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: rah joe <rahjoe@yahoo.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/21/2001 08:11:31
Hi all.  A friend gave me a Vax 4000-200.  I know it
works because it used to be my friend's office server.
 All I got was the cpu and an external cd-rom drive.
This Vax also has an internal tape drive.  I have no
monitor or keyboard.  I got it because I wanted to try
NetBSD on this machine.  I did a lot of Vax and
MicroVax work about 20 years ago.

I've spent my last 10 years working with NetWare, NT,
and OS/2 on the PC side of the fence.

Could somebody on this refresh my memory and give me
an idea on where and what kind of monitors and
keyboards can connect to this machine?  My friend did
NOT provide me with ANY documentation.  I saved this
Vax from the trash actually.

Thanks in advance,
Rah-Joe (rahjoe@yahoo.com).