Subject: Re: Three Phase
To: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/20/2001 10:01:53
On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Gunther Schadow wrote:
> Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> >
> > Could anyone point me in the directions of how to convert a VAX 6000 that
> > accepts three-phase power to accept standard 220V or 110V AC?
> >
> > Peace...  Sridhar
>
> Your case is easy. As I understand it you basically only connect your
> single phase 220V to one of the three phases of the VAX. But make
> sure you read some old files on the net, Geoff's web site has some
> and there's some other site. Search Google for "VAX 6000 power conversion"
> and you should find it.

Take a look at this page. It has some info on converting a VAX from 3
phase to single. There are also some bits on the possible pitfalls. The
problems described might or might not apply to the VAX 6000 as well.

http://vaxarchive.org/swdoc/bsd/vaxine/section6.html

--
cheers,

/Anders

I am Pentium of Borg... -Division is futile!

* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:    http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN