Subject: Re: HUIB or HIUB?
To: User Nbsdbob NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/19/2001 23:49:44
Hi !

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, User Nbsdbob NetBSD Bob wrote:
> Is it HUIB or HIUB?
>
> My rusty memory wants to say halt/init/unjam/boot rather than
>                              halt/unjam/init/boot.

Is there a real matter how to use it? I never thought about it. I think
INIT initializes the CPU and UNJAM initializes I/O. Don't know exactly, if this
is so, but even as a bit rusty hardware-designer, i wouldn't bet on it, which
order makes more sense, as CPU init is a init in the stored stage, not the
running CPU, which currently runs the ROM code and is initialized by the HALT
procedure after pressing the button or executing the HALT instruction i think.

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.