Subject: Re: ze0 hangs completely after "xmit logic died"
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/19/2001 15:37:42
Hi !

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Lord Isildur wrote:
[SGEC hangs]
> i have seen this too. worse yet, the only way to restore the proper state is
> a power cycle. even doign a restart and full tests wont properly reset

Not really. A reboot after the H,U,I-sequence helps. Never tried it without
this sequence, but power-cycling isn't necessary, at least not on the 105A.
The 90 also worked mostly without powering the machine off, just initializing
it was enough. Up to the point it didn't like me at all :)
But in this case, not even a power-cycle helped.

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.