Subject: Re: ze0 hangs completely after "xmit logic died"
To: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/19/2001 09:00:59
i have seen this too. worse yet, the only way to restore the proper state is
a power cycle. even doign a restart and full tests wont properly reset
it. Also, once it's in this state, the device is 99% unusable by VMS as
well, i wanted to see if VMS would put it back in its right mind, but it
doesnt. instead, VMS will every few minutes get very slow for maybe 10-20
seconds. also, the sgec under vms will then let only a coule of frames
through and then freeze for anywhere from a minute or so to ten minutes or
so. this just happened to me a day or two ago on a 4600 with kernel
1.5S.