Subject: Re: tcpdump problem :)
To: Bamdad Ehterami <bamdad@mehr.sharif.ac.ir>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/16/2001 12:30:11
On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Bamdad Ehterami wrote:

> I'm running NetBSD 1.5 on vax, when I try to build it, it fails the
> first time when it tries to build the 'pine' itself, the second
> time it gives me a binary of pine which when I run, and try to
> read one of my emails with, it crashes with a SIGSEGV and dumps
> core. I have build logs, .pine-debugX files and gdb output, but
> I can't figure out what's wrong.
>
> BTW, I try './build neb' which seems to be right (build for NetBSD).

I compiled mine with the pkg sources from the NetBSD site. When i tried
the original unpatched sources my compilation also failed.
Have you tried downloading pkgsrc.tar.gz from ftp.netbsd.org? I used
that file, and just ran "make" and "make install" from the mail/pine
directory. That fetched the sources and patches needed, and compiled
without any problem. If you still have problems, i could tar up the
compiled binaries and mail them.

--
cheers,

/Anders

I am Pentium of Borg... -Division is futile!

* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:    http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN