Subject: Re: Building a MicroVAX II
To: Chuck Dickman <chd_1@nktelco.net>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/15/2001 23:41:07
Well, I'd start by trading with someone who had a BA23 for your BA11 :-) I
don't know if that backplane is 18 bit or 22 bit. Further, with only 9
slots you get a bit cramped whereas with the BA23 you can put two dual wide
cards in the lower slots.

That being said, you need, in addition to the KA630 and your two memory
cards either an M7504 (DEQNA) or M7516 (DELQA) ethernet card with its cab
kit. That at least will let you boot the machine diskless. If you want to
add a disk then you will need some form of disk controller and there are a
variety of choices there.

--Chuck