Subject: Re: VAX port needs virtualized interrupt levels
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/12/2001 18:52:32
On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 06:16:06PM -0500, Brian Chase wrote:
>
>  > BTW, what's the status of SMP for NetBSD these days?  (He says with a
>  > multiprocessor VAX 6000 setting in his basement)
>
> Mostly works, needs improvement :-)  The i386 port needs to have the
> code merged onto the trunk, and the alpha port needs me to fix a couple
> of bugs that cause a wedgie when I start processes running on the second
> CPU.

So will an "SMP" kernel compile option be making its appearance in the 1.6
release?  (Maybe not available on all platforms of course, but it'd be
nice to know that it's an option if the port specific bits are put into
place.)

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
              I have always been here.  I like taffy.  -- K.