Subject: Re: experimental VAX snapshot 2001-03-30 available
To: None <wonko@tmok.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/10/2001 01:15:23
On Mon 09 Apr 2001 at 16:27:23 -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> Olaf Seibert drunkenly mumbled...
> > I finally finished the VAX snapshot of about 30 march.
> >
> > Not everything went right the first time, so I had to restart a few
> > times. So it may not be entirely perfect. No warranty, etc, bla bla.
>
> does this include SHAC support?

If it is in the GENERIC kernel, yes. Although I seem to remember
that recently VAX kernels were reported to have trouble when booting
(something with an unmapped stack) so the suppied kernel may actually
not be usable. I haven't tried it yet (no time...)

But I intend to start a new build, of today's sources, tomorrow.

> thanks,
> -brian
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder --Soep van de dag, wat zal dat zijn
\X/ land.nl     --wat kan dat wezen, beter maar het ergste vrezen -Boy Bensdorp