Subject: Re: UPDATE (was: Re: VAX 6000-400 series and NetBSD, I have machines)
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/06/2001 18:45:34
Well.. the VAX 6000s have almost all been moved.  Gunther and I were able
to manage all three of them with just the two of us.  I rented a 15ft
Ryder truck with a hydraulic lift.  This made all the difference loading
and unloading the systems.  We also had fairly smooth flooring and
concrete in our favor.  We got the three VAXen extracted, and two are
safely delivered to Gunther's garage.

I've got mine still setting in the truck right now while I wait for my
brother to get here to help me move it. Getting mine to the garage will be
a little more difficult as I don't have a smooth asphalt drive.  It's sort
of loose rock and worn out asphalt.  I picked up some 6ftx4ft sheets of
half-inch thick plywood to use as a make-shift smooth surface.  I'm hoping
that works out okay, because it may rain soon.  I'd rather not get the VAX
stuck in the driveway.

-brian.