Subject: Re: VAX 3100 M38...
To: None <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/04/2001 18:29:44
On  4 Apr, David Woyciesjes wrote:

> *****Please reply directly, as I'm not subscribed to this list (maybe
> soon?)*****
No arms, no cookies. ;->

> 	I just might come into a VAXserver3100, and 2 VAXstation M38. From
> what (little) I found in the mail archive, they seems to be fairly useful as
> a web or maybe ftp servers? Yes?
Depends on your needs. For home or small office use a machine of this
class can be fairly usefull as http/ftp/smtp/pop/... server.

> What about as an X server to log into?
I don't know what the status of this is at the moment. The last I can
remember is that the mono frame buffer is supported with wscons and
X11.

> Any other thoughts/hints/tips?
Just install NetBSD and play around with this VAXen. At least the use of
this boxen will be to educate you as a Unix user.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen