Subject: Re: Problem assembling boot/xxboot/start.s
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/04/2001 04:45:11
Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se> writes:

> I have just fixed it. The problem was that sys/types.h was included
> unconditionally in sys/disklabel.h.

Reading sys/disklabel.h more carefully, you're obviously right.  I was
wondering how to sanely get d_end_ defined, but now I understand.  :-)

Another question: if I forget to increase the data and stack size
limits before starting a "make build", make will bomb in libc.  Is it
time to increase the defaults, or are there page table size related
reasons why that's a bad idea?  Same goes for SHMMAXPGS, which is 64,
with a comment that says it really ought to be 1024 -- it seems you
always need to increase that if you're going to run something that
uses shared memory, so is it time to correct the default?

-tih
--
The basic difference is this: hackers build things, crackers break them.