Subject: Re: UPDATE (was: Re: VAX 6000-400 series and NetBSD, I have machines)
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/03/2001 08:00:28
On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Geoff Roberts wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Gunther Schadow wrote:

> > Brian, you're organizing the truck for shipment to Bloomington? I'd
> > be most grateful if that truck would also bring my machine home in
> > Indy. We may need about 3 to 4 more hands.
>
> Ideal number for manual handling of 6k's is about six, and if the truck
> bed isn't too high, you can stick a thin mattress under them, lay them
> on their side on it, and slide them off onto a hard surface, then wheel
> from there, if the floor is smooth enough. A forklift is much easier
> though. ;^)  Done it both ways.

I'm planning on renting a Ryder truck with lift gate on the back of it.
That should solve any issues with getting the VAXen up into the truck, but
I'm not sure how easy it'll be to get the VAXen from their location to the
truck yet :-)  And yes Gunther, I can drop yours off in Indy.

I should be fine for dropping off mine in Bloomington.  I've got enough
friends down here to help me unload it into my garage.

This should be interesting.  I'm going to have to take the digital camera
along.

-brian.